Wednesday, March 24, 2010

360 Degrees... and Counting

I've been posting on that other site a bit... and, yes, even about this stuff. I know, hard to believe. In case you missed it, in January divorce papers were filed. A week before it was taking place, daughter tried, once more, to commit suicide. The whole saga is on the other site, so I won't bore you... if you want to read it go over to http://thetornpages.com and catch up. I'll wait.

Okay, so after all that and papers got filed and she pretended all was just hunky dory, the tension between her and her younger sister (also living in my house) has gotten pretty tight. Younger daughter got so scared, upset, frustrated about the suicide attempt and being the one to find her then compound it with the fact that older daughter has said not one word to her about being sorry for putting her through that... well, it's just gotten to the point where younger daughter says "I'm done". She is through investing herself emotionally in the whole thing.

About three weeks after the divorce papers were filed and now about three weeks ago... the maybe-soon-to-be-ex-son-in-law met up with elder daughter in her work parking lot to discuss one final paper that had to be signed for taxes. She came home telling me how he was actually "upset" and they got to talking and geeee... maybe they want to try and work it out now.

Stunned doesn't even begin to cover it.

Tomorrow night they have a session with a marriage counselor. Since three or four weeks ago, whatever that was, they have been "seeing" each other. No sex (according to her she is sleeping on the couch... riiiiiight... excuse me if I'm skeptical). They haven't been talking about the 'important' issues, but just getting to know each other again. He's made "changes"... and she says now that it was as much her fault as his for the split. Oh, god spare me from idiots.

I can't tell if I'm happy about the probable reuniting of this couple or the impeding doom feeling that is hanging over my head. I see it maybe lasting a year then we'll be right back in the thick of it. If it goes downhill again I predict the suicide attempts will eventually become the successful suicide. I could be wrong, I have been wrong before... I just don't know how you gloss over some of the things that were done and said.

Oh, well. Not my life. Now if I could just get all this fucking drama out of my head.

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

It's hard to separate oneself when it's family. I have a friend who went through a bitter separation only to give in the moment his ex said she missed him. After months of hemming and hawing she finally went to one marriage counseling session only to sign the divorce papers right after saying she didn't want to try to fix their relationship. He's devastated and broken all over again. And part of me wants to say: I told you so. But you can't convince people to be different. They have to make their mistakes- sometimes over and over. So at what point do we walk away? Especially when it is family? I just don't know. It's awful. I feel sad for your daughter and your family. It seems so clear that she continues a pattern of unhealthy relationships and does not have much self esteem which influences her poor choices but...if she can't see that then what is there to do? I'm sorry, Sue.