Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If You've Seen My Mind, Send It Back

No, I'm not really losing my mind... not in the normal sense of the word. I am just having pangs of mortality. I'm not THAT old, but I find as time goes on I'm having more and more brain farts. You know, you have something on the tip of your tongue - or the edge of your brain, more likely - and it just won't come out. I have always been fairly quick-witted and pride myself on the amount of won't-make-me-a-dime trivia I have always known. Life lint. The itsy bitsy little things that somehow get stuck in the crevices of my brain that I have always been able to pull out at a moments' notice. Now? Not-so-much. I have to stop and think about it... or start playing the 'relationship' game with my spouse or one of my kids. You know, "they were in that movie with what's his name "... and his name starts with a "D". Then they say something else that triggers the name to pop out of hiding.

Lately, I find myself depending more and more not on my own brain, but on the internet. It is so much easier to google the movie I thought they were in or the one I'm currently watching to remember what else they've been in or "where have I seen them"...

I have turned into a cheat.

Even with all that? I am losing it. The other night I was watching a show with my daughters and I was so sure that one of the characters had played a certain part in another show that I bet my daughter $20 on it.

I looked it up.

I was wrong.

Do you know what that did to me? I mean, seriously. Me. I'm the one who knows these things. Now it isn't just about the speed of response, or the fact that I even am aware of the connections that are there to be made... now I am wrong even when I'm SURE I am right.

How depressing.

1 comment:

Al said...

Just the other day, I made a mis....mist....mista...I was wro....wro....wronnn.
I was given bad information.