Thursday, November 5, 2009

Changes Pt. 7

So he came to my parents... and he was wonderful. Better than I ever expected. He was so patient with my mother (she can be trying in the best of times). He was so helpful and kind and loving. He tells me he was so happy just to be with me that it wasn't a problem.

I know he loved me ... and held me when I cried because I'd had to be the one to decide to move my dad to hospice. I didn't cry when my dad died... or since... but I cried that night. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He was there for me.

...


Since then? What can I say... Our love is stronger than ever, fortified by a closeness that we hadn't had for years. Now he makes a point of suggesting "shall I take a pill"?... at least a couple of times a week, and when a week goes by when I'm sick and I'm trying to stay away from him so I don't make him sick and I don't kiss him or hug him and barely touch him, trying to keep the germs to myself? He misses me. He really misses me.


What I started to say a week ago with my first "Changes" post? Now that we're back to "connecting", it's become a different animal, what with all these people living in our house now...All I'm saying...


So it's gotten to be quite an interesting time of it... my husband and I are basically sneaking around our own house to find times to make love. Me? I'm really lucky to get this second chance with the love of my life. I'll make it work.... it's worth it.

(Thanks for following along. To answer a comment on the timeline of this, I jumped a bit going into my past where things went to hell in 1995 with my breakdown, then jumping forward 14 years with the "dry spell" as I call it... and finally, bringing you to the future with my last year beginning in December of 2008 with my dad's fall and up to today. Sorry to jump around so.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad there is a happy ending. You have the love of your life back and you know now that you can survive anything life throws at you. As I have said before you are one strong woman.

teahouse said...

So sweet!! And it can be fun to have to sneak around your own house! Puts some spice into it all...